Membership at Mercy Hill
Thank you for your interest in membership at Mercy Hill Community Church! We are so glad you're here. If you're considering membership, we'd like to answer two main questions: “What am I committing to in membership? and “How can I become a member of Mercy Hill?”
What am I committing to in membership?
1. Regularly participate in Sunday services and a care group.
2. Love, care, and serve the members of this church.
3. Support the mission of this church with your words, deeds, and finances.
4. Proclaim and adorn the gospel to the world.
How can I become a member of Mercy Hill?
1. Learn about the church. We ask all members to support the beliefs and teaching of the church. Those considering membership should take our new members class, “Mercy Hill Values” as well as become familiar with the following documents:
• Statement of Faith
• Membership Commitment
• God’s Good Plan for Gender
• You do that? Church Discipline.
2. Get baptized: Baptism is the ordinance Jesus gave us to welcome us into His church, and so, if you have not already been baptized as a believer, we want to encourage potential members to start with that ordinance.
3. Plug in: Church is not a place where you go, it’s the people of God gathered in His Name. To be a member is to know and care for those people. We ask all members to participate regularly in a care group.
4. Grab a coffee: Set up a meeting with one of the pastors. Pastoring requires relationship. We desire to get to know each member on their way “in the door." At the end of this meeting, we ask new members to sign the Membership Commitment.
5. Get ready! We will have a new members Sunday where we welcome our new members as a church.
We hope this has provided some clarity for you regarding membership. If you have any other questions, please talk to one of the pastors. We would be very glad to help.
May His church advance,
If you have more questions about membership or would like to submit a request to start the membership process, please fill out the form below:
If you are in the process of becoming a new member, you can find our membership series below: